Welcome to the Student Organization Website Development Portal! Here you will find all of the information you need to develop a web presence for your student organization.
Websites are a great way for an organization to communicate with new and prospective members, showcase recent events and accomplishments, and market upcoming plans and programs. Most importantly, it will give you an opportunity to demonstrate to your peers the successes and work of your organization!
To set up a website for your organization, follow these steps:
- Review Emory University’s Policy on Student Websites.
- Peruse the link above to find the template you would like to use; or, determine someone in your organization who will build your website from scratch. This choice is important: Starting from scratch/doing it yourself provides you with complete flexibilty, but you will literally start with nothing and must have a member who knows how to build/code websites. Beginning with a template is our suggested route: 1) anyone can learn, easily, to use a template and update your site; 2) if in the future your organization no longer has a web-savvy member, your site can still be easily updated by another member.
- Decide who will have “editor” access to your website. The President along with up-to three additional members can be listed as editors.
- Fill out the website request form.
- Wait for confirmation that website has been established. *Note: this stage may take up to 10-15 business days, so please plan accordingly.*
- Review training materials. You must review these training materials before beginning to use your website.
- Populate site with text and images.
- If you are returning to update who has permission to edit the website, please choose “Website Access Update” under the Website Request Form on the menu.
What’s the difference between a website and a learnlink conference? Click here.